WALTHAM, Mass., May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has released its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, describing the company's sustained corporate responsibility focus and standard of excellence.
"I am very proud of the Raytheon team for its sustained commitment to achieving world class corporate responsibility results," said Raytheon Chairman and CEO William H. Swanson. "Our achievements in diversity, safety, sustainability, and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education speak to the strong Raytheon culture and focus on continuous improvement."
Some highlights of the new report:
- Governance -- Building upon the company's Vision, Strategy, Goals and Values the company has developed a newly updated Raytheon Code of Conduct. Raytheon maintains a contemporary governance approach that promotes integrity, accountability, transparency and sound decision making.
- Ethics -- Raytheon's ethics education programs include the award-winning EthicSpace mini-series delivered via email to employee desktops. While viewing is voluntary, each series typically has more than 50,000 broadcasts. Recognition for the series in 2012 included several awards from the "Telly" award organization.
- Engineering, Technology and Mission Assurance -- The company's many innovative contributions to the world around us and beyond are epitomized by the dramatically sharp new perspectives of Earth, dubbed Blue Marble, White Marble and Black Marble, offered by Raytheon's Visible Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite instrument aboard the Earth-observing Suomi NPP satellite.
- Diversity -- In 2012, Raytheon deployed a series of experiential learning sessions based on the company's diversity competencies, and for the eighth consecutive year, Raytheon has achieved a score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign® Corporate Equality Index, recognizing achievements in creating an inclusive and open environment for all.
- Safety and Wellness -- In 2012, the company had the safest year in its history and was recognized with a Safety Excellence Award by the Aerospace Industries Association in the Guidance and Communications category.
- Sustainability -- Raytheon met its second long-term greenhouse gas emissions reduction goal and received a Climate Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection agency. Since 2002, the company has reduced its carbon emissions by 34 percent.
- Supporting Our Communities -- Raytheon was recognized for its commitment to community in The Civic 50, a national initiative to survey, rank and recognize leading companies for transformational corporate citizenship efforts. Raytheon embraces its responsibility to give back to the communities in which we live and work.
- An early and outspoken leader in encouraging students to develop and sustain an interest in math and science through its innovative MathMovesU® STEM education initiative, Raytheon held more than 200 local, volunteer-led MathMovesU events in 2012, reinforcing the need for STEM education to nearly 40,000 students, teachers and parents.
- Raytheon's $2.5 million partnership with the Wounded Warrior Project® continues to make a meaningful difference in the lives of wounded veterans and their families, and in 2012 Raytheon initiated a partnership with Student Veterans of America to empower veterans through education with a new STEM scholarship program.
Raytheon Company, with 2012 sales of $24 billion and 68,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 91 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems; as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company